Tuesday

Camera Shots and Techniques 1


I have been thinking a lot about the style in which I would film Misguided in, in terms of camera shots and the type of camera I shall use.

Firstly, I think the use of a Steadicam in my film will work well and in some sense add to the child-like, playful atmosphere in the film. I looked at originally filming handheld, however it can sometimes feel quite erratic in some ways. I didn't want to create an unnerving atmosphere until the crucial climax of the film, instead the use of the Steadicam will add a smooth flow, giving the effect of handheld but in a controlled way. It will mainly be effective in the scene where the children are running up the hill through the woods to the top of the tree house. The idea of the camera winding through and around the trees I feel will give a gentle but pacey impression. I also want my film to be poetic in terms of visuals. The use of the Steadicam will help this approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment